Day 4 blog challenge
This recipe is my grandma nannies fluffy cheesecake recipe. I adapted it for celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces lime Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 12 ounces evaporated milk, chilled
- Mix Graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar, and melted butter or margarine.
- Press Graham cracker crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9″x13″ pan. (You do not need to grease the pan.).
- Mix lemon Jello with 2 cups boiling water until Jello is dissolved.
- Add cream cheese to Jello mixture, breaking cheese up with a potato masher or the beaters of an electric mixer.
- In a chilled bowl (glass or metal work best) whip with electric mixer chilled evaporated milk with 1 tablespoon sugar until small peaks form. (Getting peaks to form is much easier if the bowl and milk are cold.).
- Add Jello mixture to evaporated milk and continue to beat until well blended.
- Pour over Graham cracker crust.
- Chill until firm.
If you want to add a little more green to make it more fun, springing green sprinkles from the bakery section on the cheesecake.