Carol is a Christian Country Recording Artist and Minster. Carol has been nominated for New Artist of the Year with HMG Nashville and Power Source. She will be traveling to Nashville to attend the ICMAwards this year in November. I hope you enjoy getting to know Carol a little better.
Carol Hogner grew up in East Texas and was always singing, even if it was just her and her sisters singing songs while washing dishes. She sang in a group called The Spirituals as she was growing up. She then turned her focus to work and taking care of her 2 children Josh and Amber. As time went by she came back to singing with a strong passion for the Lord. She was singing at rodeo bible camp where her kids were attending and met Jeff Hogner. A short time later Carol and Jeff got married. Carol then gained 2 more daughters Hannah and Halee. As a family they traveled to team ropings ministering as Joshua Cowboy Ministries, for nearly 15 years. Her husband got his heavenly promotion 5 years ago. Now she continues to travel all over the United States and into Canada putting on church services and concerts. Her whitty, down to earth country personality captures all who encounter her.
INTERVIEW WITH CAROL
1. Carol can you share with us a little about your cd Ordinary Things? Well I had been wanting to do a new CD for about 10 years. A couple id know for a lot of years called me up one day. They said they had some money they’d like to sow into my ministry and they’d like it to go toward making a new CD if at all possible. If not and I needed to use it somewhere else then that was ok too. Well that got the ball to rolling. When I had what I thought was enough money to go into the studio with I called a friend of mine. I asked him if he’s be interested in helping me with a new CD. He said I’ll do better than that I’ll introduce you to my cousins in Nashville that do that kind of thing. So his cousin Mark Johnson called me and we hit it off right away. Mark is not only a great musician and Aaron Tippin’s bass player and long time road manager he writes songs too. He asked me if I would like to have some original songs to record. I said let me think about it, lol YES I would love that. The first song I listened to was Ordinary Things and I cried like a baby. My husband had passed away just the year before. Through God’s favor I believe we were blessed to put out a very well produced CD. I couldn’t be more grateful.
2. I understand you released the single Ordinary Things with HMG. How has that been going for you?
I was so thrilled when Mr. Gene Higgins called me that day. What a nice gentleman. I can say that I’m pleased with what we’ve accomplished together. Along with Ms. Darlene Fowler and my God Squad it was charting the first month. Again Thank you Jesus!!
3. I saw that you have been nominated in the top 10 for New Artist of the year for the ICM Awards, I bet your pretty excited about that?
Oh my goodness excited is putting it mildly… I am ecstatic about. I feel like it’s just another way to share God’s amazing Love!! I want to thank all the DJ’s and fellow artists for making that happen, I’m so grateful.
Well congratulations are in order for sure.
I have few more questions so your listeners can get to know you a little better here.
4. What are some of your favorite songs that you perform? Ordinary Things, Faith, If I was Jesus, Hold Us Together and Won’t Let Go are just a few I love.
5. Where did you accept Jesus Christ into your life at? In a little Baptist Church, several times actually, lol I was so afraid of going to hell wanted to be sure I was saved. I know now that once was plenty 🙂
6.Where would your life be with out your relationship with Christ? Without Christ, I am…. Absolutely nothing …
7. In your walk with Christ, what would you say the biggest miracle you have experienced is? Personally, my daughter survived a tumor in her jugular vein at age 11.
8. What’s your favorite Bible verse and what does it mean to you? Psalms 138:8
I found that scripture about 10 years ago. For me it’s the perfect scripture for any occasion. I call it my life scripture.
9. Was there ever a time in your life when you felt like you were just ready to throw your hands up and give up?
No I don’t think so. If I did it was a passing thought. I’m a fighter when it comes to giving up.
10. What hymns/gospel song would you say has impacted your walk the most? When I came back to The Lord after being out of His service got several years I heard “Pardon Me I’ve Been Pardoned”. I felt like if been set free.
11. Do you believe in the power of prayer? What has God revealed to you through prayer?
I do believe prayer is very powerful. I’ve learned if we can take The Lord at His Word we put ourselves in a position to receive His blessings.
12. When you get to see Jesus face to face what do you think you would like to say to Him first?
I think I’d just want to say thank you for all you’ve done for me Sir and I sure do love you!
13. Can you just share with us a bit about yourself that your listeners may not know about you?
I grew up in the small Texas town of Malakoff. My sisters and I use to sing together at the kitchen sink while we did the dishes. I always wanted to be a singer. When I heard my first Christian Country radio station I cried. I didn’t know there was such a thing. I love country music so it fit me to a T. I travel around to team ropings sharing my Jesus with my songs and His Word.
15. What was your family life like growing up?
I have two older sisters and a younger brother. We were a close family growing up. We were in church every time the doors were open. We didn’t have a lot of money but we didn’t realize it till we were grown. We had very loving parents.
16. What do you like to do in a time of leisure for fun or to relax?
I love being a grandma. I spend as much time as I can as often as I can with my grand babies. I love to sing, work outside at the ranch, and build things out of wood.
17. What’s one random fun thing that your listeners don’t know about you?
I can fold my tongue in half, lol
18. What’s your favorite quote?
“Should been a Cowboy”
19. Do you have a favorite childhood memory?
Going to visit my grandparent and my grandpa putting me up on his shoulders to go hunts eggs.
20. What was the funniest thing that has ever happened to you during your singing ministry?
We use to have church outside under a big oak tree in our back yard. We had a quest preacher come in to speak. I got up to sing and her dog came and sat down in front of me. He then proceeded to drag his behind on the ground… We all lost our breath laughing.
21. What was the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
I was singing the National Anthem at a team Roping in Kansas one morning. When I got to that high note a squeaked something terrible. Because of my love for that song and my country I was devastated.
22. Finish this sentence: The best advice I have ever been given is….. Seek peace
23. Finish this sentence: The best advice I could ever give is….Well I guess I’d have to say Seek peace
24. What would you say your motto for life is…… Life’s too short not to have fun!!!
I really enjoyed doing this interview with Carol. I have been watching Carol’s Dreams coming true one day at a time. I want to encourage you not to give up no matter what!!
To listen to Carol’s music and keep up with where she will be you can go to her website.
Thank you for taking the time to read this Interview with Carol Hogner. Please share with your family and friends.
What does God have to say about having Dreams and Goals? A lot!!!!!
God Himself has Dreams and Goals for us. Sometimes we start looking at our hurts, and lack instead of what God has planned for you. We have to believe He wants big things for us before we can believe for those big things for ourselves.
Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
How do we know What God has to say about having Dreams and Goals? We have to search out His words. We have to stay in prayer and seek the things God has for us.
Matthew 6:33 ESV
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
The great things He has for us will only be added to us when we are putting Him and His ways before our own.
What do you do when you don’t know exactly where He wants you or what He wants you doing? You do the last thing you know He told you to do. You step out in Faith and then you listen for His direction step by step for your Dreams and Goals….
Genesis 12:1-3 ESV
Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
Abram had no idea what was next for him. He kept wanting God to show him the entire lay out of the plan. God wanted Abram to trust Him for the directions one step at a time. So just like Abram when God tells you what to do even if that first step is just to SEEK HIM then you go and you do as He has told you. The rest will follow. Many times God directed Abram to go and he obeyed and was blessed abundantly.
There are times in our lives that no one from the outside can advice us or teach us what to do. The people around you may not understand exactly what it is God has called you to do. You need to remember you have the GREAT TEACHER LIVING RIGHT INSIDE YOU!!!
1 John 2:27 ESV
But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.
This is not to say that we cant have help from those God placed in outlives. Just make sure their advice aligns up with what God is saying to you and that they are not Dream Thieves. Joseph’s own brothers were dream thieves.
What does God say about those lost years, or finances or hopes and dreams? He says He is in the restoration business….
Joel 2:25 ESV
I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter, my great army, which I sent among you.
Start thanking God for restoring your hopes and Dreams. Ask Him to help you be a goal setter and not to live a life regretted.
So What does God say about Dreams and Goals?
We now know that He has lots to say and it now depends upon us to LISTEN!!!
Three Dream Thieves That Need Destroyed In Your Life!!
Fear: Fear is one of the top Dream Killers that I believe we deal with on a daily basis. We have fear of failure. We have fear of comparison . We even have fear of success. So how do I deal with this fear you ask? Well first of all you acknowledge the fear. Once you have taken that step then it is time to deal with the fear.
2 Timothy 1:7
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.(NKJV) Fear is a real thing but it is an emotion. Emotions can be changed, they can be dealt with and they can even be used to propel you forward. You have acknowledged your fear to yourself, now talk to God about that fear. Build yourself up in His promises. He has some great ones like Jeremiah 29:11 that says He has great plans for you plans to prosper you and not to EVER HARM YOU.. Write down exactly what your fears are and then if they are from lack of knowledge you know you can research and learn about your dream and kill that dream thief. If it is fear of success, ask yourself what it is that you feel you might lose if you are successful. Make a list, then on the other side of that list write down what you will gain if you are successful. If it is fear of failure then remember that failure is only when one stops trying to succeed. We should never compare ourselves to anyone else. So this fear here we need to find out who we are designed to be and walk in His image for us. Then you Rock what you got and Brand your own Brand…Do not ever try to be anyone but you in your dreams and in your everyday life.
Not that we dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who are commending themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding.
Exhausted: It takes a lot of energy; mentally, physically, and spiritually to keep your dreams on the move. Sometimes we want to just give up. We think that sounds easier. Let me tell you regret drains you way more than pushing forward. It is very important that we take time to rest our minds. Find something that has nothing to do with your dreams or work and learn to enjoy and let your mind just relax. Read a book, go to a coffee house and just sip coffee and watch people. Whatever you do take that time to not think about your goals, needs or failures of the past. Just BE!!! Exercise and eating correctly go a long way with your physical energy. Find what works for you even if it is walking to your mail box everyday. Eat high energy low carb foods and just make one healthy choice a day till you are making lots of healthy choices. When it comes to our spiritual walk we have to take time or the other areas will never make up the difference. The strength we gain from God is what it is all about. He is the Dream Giver and He is the ONE who will sustain the dream.
New King James Version
9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. (NKJV)
New King James Version
13 I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me.(NKJV)
The Company that you keep: Who are you hanging out with? What are they speaking into your life? Did you know that Joseph shared his dreams with his brothers and they despised him for it? They threw him in a pit to die and then decided to make a profit from him and sold him into slavery. Be real careful who you share your dreams with!!! Some will despise you for it and some will even try to profit from your dreams and manipulate it to fit their design not God’s. Proverbs 12:26 One who is righteous is a guide to his neighbor, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
So today I have talked to you about the Three Dream Thieves That Need To Be Destroyed In Your Life!!
I hope you take time to meditate on each of these areas. Look up these scriptures and ask God to make this blog personal to you and to show you what areas you are in fear. Ask Him to show you a way to be energized in your life. Take a survey of your company your keeping. If you are not pulling them up, or they are not pulling you up then it is time to give em up…
Above and Beyond
Dreaming God Sized Dreams
Dream Catcher 3:20 Inspiring others to catch their dream and run with it! IF YOU CAN CATCH IT YOU CAN DO IT!!